A conference is more than just cool talks. The community, the hallway track, the chance to meet industry experts, and the discussions with other developers are just as much a part of it. For this to happen you need the room to communicate and we want to offer that. Literally.
Note: To be able to enter these rooms at the conference and participate in the events that takes place therein, you need a participant ticket — the free attendee ticket does not suffice.
Accento Digital will have three topic rooms where you can meet other participants and talk about the topic at hand. This won't be mere chat rooms, to have a proper discussion you can decide to join with your webcam and mic. A moderator will be present to facilitate a good conversation. And to give you something to chew on, we will have a few ignite talks, Q&As, and panels in these rooms.
- Ignite Talks
- What better conversation starter than an ignite talk that challenges established practices or presents a new technique. They will last for 10 to 15 minutes to leave plenty of room for the discussion they spark. The speaker will of course be around as well to argue their point.
- Is there a topic you have a few questions about? Need someone to help you over a bump in the road or give you their opinion? In these designated Q&As, an industry expert is ready to answer your questions.
- Everybody has their opinion. And this is the chance to share it. Two or three speakers sit down to discuss a topic and you can join anytime to participate in the conversation
We invite you to join into these conversations! This isn't Netflix — if there's something you want to add, turn on your webcam or mic and participate on equal footing. (Read the guide for technical details.)
There will be three topic rooms:
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, cloud, microservices, etc. — ran by Microsoft
- Security: vulnerabilities, frameworks, tooling, etc. — ran by Snyk
- Quality: TDD, code style, etc.
Read on for details on each. To see what happens when and where, check the schedule.
Containers, Cloud, and Co
A room for everyone with their feet on the ground and their head in the clouds.
- open from 0800 to 1300 UTC (1000 to 1500 CEST)
- ran by Microsoft
- moderated by Martijn Verburg
Don't want to be the next Equifax or Ashley Madison? Join the security room to talk about all the things that can keep your app and your (users') data safe.
- open from 1000 to 1700 UTC (1200 to 1900 CEST)
- ran by Snyk
- moderated by Sharone Zitzman
Clean code, meaningful tests, good design, proper documentation... you know the drill
- open from 1300 to 1700 UTC (1500 to 1900 CEST)
- ran by JUG Damrstadt
- moderated by Falk Sippach